Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

Maybe we could get the boot-sector code declared "OK to use" by Apple?

It would be a "hack the system" kind of thing, but I suppose technically they wouldn't have to release the copyright on the source code for the boot sector, just the derived sequence of binary bits.

Indeed, Apple may have already done so. I believe they allow free download of the MacOS 7.x floppy images.

It's just a thought...

Rick