Re: Base system installation size

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:08:53 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Let's say this is the minimal installation a user can do when
> answering the default to all question (s)he's asked during an
> installation, then....
>
> No idea, indeed, of the method for having a complete default
> system. Maybe by cancelling at the package installation method screen ?

This is possible. There's a question (don't know what priority it is) in
base-config that says (not verbatim):

would you like to use:

-> aptitude - blah blah blah tool
-> dselect - sucky tool
-> tasksel - select from predefined tasks
-> none - no packages will be installed

Selecting 'none' will end up dropping you to the shell, I think. I've done
it on all of my d-i installs, then apt-get install $(cat pkgs) after
checking out my home directory from Subversion is a lot better IMO :)

--
Joshua Kwan