yaip - yet another installation problem

Hello,

Trying to install to an old HP Vectra VL Series 4 pentium 133 machine.

88MB memory, 6G Harddrive partitioned 25 MB /boot, 180 MB swap the rest
for /.

Same problem using Woody CD's both revision 1 and 2.  Have used these CD's
sucessfully on 3 other machines:

"Installing base system...
 :
 Failure while installing base packages
 This will be attempted up to 5 times
 :
 :
 : (5X later)
 :
 Dbootstrap exited with an error
 (return value 1)"

Tried using debug and verbose arguments, and looking at output of console
3.  No further info.  Can find no logs with more info.

I'm booting from CD 5, which is the 2.4 kernel.  An interesting note is that
the machine WON'T boot from CD 1 of either r1 or the r2 set, which
I've used to boot other machines with no problem.

THANKS FOR DEBIAN, and
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Jon Endres