Re: d-i beta3 | DHCP

kirpi@email.it wrote:

> I tried sarge d-i beta3 today.
> At one point it says that it is looking for DHCP something, it says that
> sometimes DHCP is slow, and then it comes out that it cannot find it. The
> alternative is to give my IP number, but I do not know any IP number and,
> as far as I know, my IP number changes quite often.

DHCP is the method used to find your IP number if it changes often.  If it's
not working, and you have an always-on Internet connection, you have a
problem.  (If you don't have an always-on Internet connection, don't bother
trying the current installer CDs; they seem to depend on an active Internet
connection, hence the name "netinst".  There should be ones which don't
before the release of sarge.)

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/