Re: slashdotted

Hi Martin!

You wrote:

> > > <Continue> works the same in all types of questions, it accepts the
> > > currently marked value and returns control to the backend program (e.g.
> > > a postinst script). Continue is used instead of OK or something else
> > > because the whole installer works sort of like a wizard.

> > In that case, perhaps Next is better than Continue?

> No. Button texts should be verbs or verb phrases. Both Apple [1] and GNOME
> [2] do this. We have discussed this countless times and we decided on
> Continue and Go Back, which is also what Apple [3] uses.

Couldn't we just ask the user if he really wants to continue if the
partition settings haven't been applied yet?  Something like "You
haven't applies your partition setrtings yet.  Do you really want to
continue?"  and present three choices: "Go back", "Apply setting and
continue", "discard settings and continue".

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |