Re: m68k bootloader package(s)?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 01:41:16PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> Right now the amiga and mac m68k bootloaders don't exist in the debian
> archive. This probably makes sense, because they aren't linux programs.
> However, it makes locating them and making them available for cdroms and
> such more trouble.
>
> The total size is about 2MB.
>
> What do ya'll think, should I put them in a package for convenience or
> just leave them on a website?

I'm packaging miBoot ATM which is something similar for power
macintoshes, together with a script to install it to an HFS filesystem.
It seemed to be the clean way.

Don't forget that Debian must distribute the source code of GPL
software, and the easier way to do this is still packaging it.

Also, miBoot can't be built from source with free software, so it must
go to contrib, don't forget it if you're in a similar situation.

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>