Re: debian-installer hangs on qlogicisp (Alpha Platform)

Andy,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:00:59AM -0600, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:
> Package: debian-installer
> Version: 20040315
> Tags: d-i, sarge

> When discover tryies to add the qlogicisp module to the installer kernel,
> lsmod reports that qlogicisp is initilazing, and the installer hangs
> awaiting for the module install to finish.

> I'm working with a Digital Personal Workstation 500a.

> Current workaround for this bug is to manually enter the aboot command
> line, adding DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low and not using hardware autodetection.
> The installer hung again when ethdetct ran and tried to install the
> qlogicisp driver.

Do you know what particular QLogic card you have in your alpha?

I can confirm that there are still problems using my own qlogic card
with beta3; but I have the added bonus of a SCSI/ethernet combo card
with a PCI bridge on board, which seems to bring added problems on alpha
-- I can't use this ethernet card from 2.4.24/25, either.  I'm hoping
that *some* qlogic cards will work better with a 2.4.25 kernel; if you
have a different card than mine, I'd love to send you a 2.4.25-based
image to test with (once I have it built).  Can you send the output of
lspci on your system?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek