beta3 success report

just reporting in with a success on some odd (but nice) hardware here...

- Dell Poweredge 2650  (dual 2.4ghz xeon)
- 4.5GB of ram
- onboard PERC (adaptec) RAID controller plus
	additional adaptec u160 raid controller for external raid disks
- broadcom gigabit ethernet onboard

the one thing that i noticed was that the kernel probes the disks in a
really screwed up order - the internal RAID drives, which are on the
controller that the bios detects first, wind up as /dev/sdc.  that's very
icky.  i think its probably not d-i's fault, though :)  i decided it would
be OK to just use the external disks for my / filesystem and be done with
it.  [my first four or five installs wouldn't even boot at all - something
in grub-install and lilo-install definitely wasn't coping well with the
disk/controller arrangement thats in the machine.

one quirk i noticed - our external RAID on this machine is 1+TB.  even
after i took a few slices off of the front of the disk for swap and other
things, partman was reporting that the maximum available size was 1.0TB.
That seems a little strange - i was taking not insignificant slices of
disk off, and expecting it to tell me something other than 1.0TB.
anybody know the guts of partman well enough to say what was going on,
there?

elijah