Raid Install

Hello,
    Is there a RAID enable version of cfdisk?  I have been trying to setup debian on a dual cpu computer with a software RAID (type 1 - mirror).
I had to jump through hoops to get this installed. (ie start the install from the woody distro,  switch to console install the raid support, run cfdisk, create the raid, mount the /target dir, and trick the installer).

I just downloaded the Sarge Net Install CD, to try and see.  Both Redhat and Mandrake have this functionallity.  Should Debian?

Also to follow suit, the Kernels on the packages list should have raid support, not handling raid through modules.

thanks
--
Joe Archibald
Archtech Computers