Installation problems

Hi,

I have a Dell Optiplex Computer, no floppy drive and the hard disk
is a ST3120026AS ATA disk.
I have Fedora running on it. I would like to install Debian on another
partition. I am new to Debian. I have tried to install Woody and ran into
problems, even when booting bf24. I am trying now to install Sarge, I
downloaded only the first CD from 3 different sites. BTW the date of the
file is Jan 2003, Is that correct?

1.When checking the integrity of the CD, they all
 fail, the message is "The ./dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Release file
 failed the MD4."

2. I tried to continue the install. Booting from the 'bad' CD.
  I get the error
  " Error while running modprobe -v floppy"
  Since I don't have a floppy, I ignored the message and continued.
  Then the installation keeps looping to the menu item
  " partition a hard drive"
  I suppose that I don't have a the driver for the disk.
  How do I get the driver without a floppy?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Shoshana Rosenthal

srosenthal@cfa.harvard.edu