Re: some chinese characters are still lost in d-i

Kenshi Muto wrote:
> I'm waiting Matt's challenging, but if deadline is so soon, I'll
> upload arch dependent version.
> ... OK, I just uploaded 0.006_i386.

I think you forgot to commit the change to cvs, maybe.

> > The change in partconf-mkfstab has already been done, so it should be
> > safe to upload the new anna, with a little more testing..
>
> I just tried. It works perfectly! Thanks Joey!

I did a check to see if we have any other udebs that have postinst
scripts, but are not menu items.

joeyh@gluck:~>for udeb in $(locate \.udeb| grep ftp.root); do if dpkg-deb --info $udeb |grep -q postinst && ! dpkg-deb --info $udeb |grep -iq installer-menu-item ; then echo $udeb;fi ; done 2>|/dev/null | sed 's/.*\///' | cut -d _ -f 1,2 | uniq | manual-comments-added
bterm-unifont_0.005		# ok, of course
choose-mirror_0.007		# ancient version for hurd-i386; ignore it
archdetect_0.62.beta2.1		# in t-p-u
archdetect_0.72			# ignore [1]
partconf-mkfstab_0.23		# only in testing, fixed in unstable
partman-lvm_1			# false positive (package description)
partman-lvm_2			# false positive (package description)
ppp-udeb_2.4.2+20031127-2	# [2]
ppp-udeb_2.4.2+20040202-1	# [2]
zlib1g-udeb_1.2.1-4		# [3]

[1] Has a postinst that sets debian-installer/kernel/subarchitecture.
    But archdetect is in our initrds, so nothing will change. Ignore.

[2] Has a long and complex postinst that seems to have been written for d-i.
    Dunno if it works. Not installed by default, so it should be safe to
    ignore it for now.

[3] Postinst calls ldconfig. Should not exist; bug filed.
    This udeb is only used by the gtk frontend stuff, so not a problem.

--
see shy jo