Re: partman - s390 support

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 12:44:27PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Disclaimer: I don't do a deeper look into partman so this may already
> work.
>
> This features will be needed by a possible s390 support in partman:
> - IBM disklabels (Sven Luther offered to take a look on it) for internal
>   storage, some other partition type for the FC storage.

Yes, i will do that. Is there any official documentation about this, or
only the s390 tools you spoke about ?

Also, i suppose those are used on other ibm boxes also, maybe chrp-rs6k
stuff ? Or do those use mbrs ?

> - Proper recognition of the sector size (see #236325).

This is problematic, i will look into this. There is currently no way
for the partition table code to pass this info to the filesystem code.
But maybe the sector size info is found in the partition itself ?

> - The block size of ext2/ext3 needs to be >= sector size, otherwise the
>   kernel will refuse to use them. This may apply to other FS as well.

Ok.

> - It should be possible to force the availability of a /boot mountpoint
>   under some conditions (it is currently not possible to have a
>   bootkernel on a FC disc, but root may on such a device)

No idea about this one.

Friendly,

Sven Luther