Re: SW-RAID Support

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:23:42AM +0100, Thorsten Sauter wrote:
> * Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no> [2004-01-01 11:51]:
> | Any reasons for using raidtab ?
> | Or was the before mdadm was mature ?
>
> well, raidtools2 are the quasi linux raid standard for me. I haven't
> used mdadm myself.
>
> Maybe we should support both ways of raid creation.

I went straight to using mdadm for RAID1, and it's pretty spiffy. Number one
benefit would have to be there is no config file to parse.

I recall when running earlier incarnations of d-i at medium priority, there
used to be an md related udeb, that you had to also install along with
lvmcfg, to get LVM to work, but it seems to have since disappeared. Has
RAID1 in d-i died or am I not looking hard enough?

regards

Andrew