Unable to open directory.

 After I have started the intallation process using boot disks, I
successfully partition my hard drive, then initilise and mount my partitions
without any serious trouble.
However, when it comes to installing my kernel and drivers it asks from what
medium I wish to install. I am installing by cdrom so I select cdrom. It
then says it will automatically detect the folder that holds the
images-1.44/rescue.bin file and the drivers.tgz file. It then informs me it
can't find any directories containing such files. I select to enter the
directory manually... I checked the directory path on my laptop in explorer
and verified the path.
dists/woody/main/disks-i386/.. etc  However, the installation process
doesn't seem to like the directory .../disks-i386/  I can search in any
other directory but when I try to search that particular directory it says
unable to find directory dists/woody/main/disks-i386/

I have also tried putting the drivers onto floppy disks and booting it that
way but the drivers are slighty to large for a floppy. So I tried burning
just the drivers and kernel onto another cd, but the installation process
didn't let me use that cd either.

I am using a HP Pavilion with intel pentium II to install debian onto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shane Nankivell