Re: boot logo vote

On Feb 24, 2004, at 8:57 AM, stefanomelchior@freeweb.org wrote:

I vote for the first image on http://sloth.voxel.net/~joshk/d-i-logos/
with the sixth image as runner-up.

Me for the 3rd one, I think it shows a debian "futuristic", something that seems to be projected to the future. Good idea to express the innovations within the new d-u, isn't?

SteX

SteX
Happy Debian GNU/Linux user since 1998!
I would vote as follows:

First - the sixth one, attributed to Alessandro Polverini and Andrea Mottola; a good balance between artful and professional Second - the fifth one, also by the above persons; if the background of the sixth (the debian watermark) were used for this one, it would be my favorite

The others are also appealing to me personally, but I am trying to look at it from the perspective of appealing to the broadest possible audience. We want the image to convey both the exceptional quality and the artful uniqueness that is the Debian distro. (Can you tell I was a marketing major for a while?)

I also believe the chosen image should clearly display that characteristic swirl logo that so many Debian fans identify and that newcomers will come to know as a familiar and fond image representing their favorite Linux distro.

Many thanks to those who have crafted the candidate images. Just seeing them on that page is exciting!

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed