d-i "killed" MBR + Toshiba Satellite Video prob

Hi,

a colleague tried a Sarge DVD (end of 2004-01) on his
Toshiba Satellite notebook (don't know which one) and had
two problems:

1. He wanted to have a dual boot system with the already
   installed XP, but the MBR installed by d-i allowed
   booting Debian only.  [I don't know about these things,
   because I don't have any "dual boot" systems.]

   Is this a known issue?

2. X just didn't run.  I'm not sure about the graphics card
   of his machine, but maybe it's an Nvidia.

   Is there a known issue with Toshiba notebook computers?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/