sparc : some problems and netboot image available

Hi,

today I tried netboot install for sparc64. It did worked, but with several
problems:

- first, make build_netboot provides a image which displays a lot of
  lines "bus error" when booting (after umounting /initrd). It's not
  useable.

- make build_cdrom, with my patch, provides a image, but it didn't boot,
  displaying a error in tilo. I will retry it and make a bugreport. It
  may be related to recent rewrite of silo supporting larger kernel.

- now something really weird : I did a make build_cdrom with
  pkg-lists/cdrom/{common,sparc} from pkg-lists/netboot/. Then I did a
  tftpboot image with tftpboot.sh script. It worked ... something is
  really wrong in build_netboot method.

Now problems with install :

- no fdisk : I will do another image tomorrow with fdisk-udeb
- no dns resolving : I can't install from anything else than my
  apt-proxy with numerical ip address. I tried to do a wget
  ftp://ftp.debian.org/ and I got an error about dns resolution. My dns
  server works fine and /etc/resolv.conf is correct. Maybe it's about
  the line in config/i386/cdrom.cfg :
  EXTRALIBS = /lib/libnss_dns* /lib/libresolv*
- no bootloader : I used my current silo
- SMP kernel installed ?

I put my tftpboot image on this URL :

http://diablero.free.fr/sparc/

This image includes : kbd-chooser_0.41_sparc.udeb with my patch and
base-installer_0.052_sparc.udeb from current CVS.

Happy testing !

--
Thomas Poindessous