Re: updates to INSTALLER-HOWTO: pxeboot

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Joey Hess wrote:

> > Alexander List wrote:
> > > I just tried tftpbooting the installer version as of 20040102.
> >
> > If you're using the daily builds and a network install, you have to tell
> > the installer to install stable.
> Er, not stable, unstable.

Did that, as I want to test the installer and maybe help with debugging
:-). Is there some standard method of providing you all the necessary
environment info?

When I boot with a Knoppix CD, it works: IDE gets IRQs 14 and 15.

Doesn't work with the kernel from the installer, there it's sharing IRQ
11 with rtl8139too and something else. Maybe it has to do with this?

Feb 12 21:51:24 (none) syslog.info klogd: ACPI: Subsystem revision 20030813
Feb 12 21:51:24 (none) syslog.info klogd: ACPI: Interpreter disabled.

I've attached the dmesg output and syslog output of the installer as well
as dmesg from Knoppix (all gzipped, ~10k).

If there's anything else I can do please let me know.

Alex

--
"Erst kommt das Fressen, dann kommt die Moral."
		--Bert Brecht