PC Card Ethernet After Reboot

I just used the d-i daily build from 8 FEB (Netinst) on my Gateway Solo 5100 (a laptop). Everything seemed to go extremely well, except for one thing. It recognized my 3COM 589D Ethernet Card (PC Card, using 3c589_cs) during the initial install, but after reboot when you configure apt sources, it is unable to make any connections. It appears that the card services have not been started because the modem light is off after reboot. If I skip the apt configuration, and type insmod 3c589_cs at the prompt, I get an error. Has anyone had this problem? Anyone know how to get around it during the install?