German translations (Was: Install report)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Well, we have a tool for translators for checking unstranslated stuff,
> but there are some cases where, even if the string is translated, the
> translations is not shown by debconf. So, this is why you may be asked
> about what you found.
I did a further installation and has something to report for the
translation team:

   1. (at the second screen after boot and selected German language):

      On top: "Wählen Sie die Tastaturbelegung aus"
              (= nicely printed Umlauts)
      Below:  "WÀhlen Sie das Tastaturlayout fÌr die PC-Tastatur"
              (= smells like an UTF-8 problem)

   2. Not related to translation in the first place, but ...
      If there are large partitions to format some status / progress bar
      might help.  At least a message: "Formating harddisk - this might take
      some time." would be necessary IMHO.

   3. The screens
        "Execute a shell"
        "Install Lilo"
      and perhaps some more are not yet translated into German.

Sorry I was not able to detect the untranslated screen I mentioned above
because my install failed to install a kernel image and had to work around
some other problems so I did not faced the install step two after reboot.
(This was mentioned in a former mail.)

Kind regards

         Andreas.