lilo troubles

i downloaded the latest sarge (02-08-2004) netinstall image to install debian on a test box to see how i like it. everything runs great until i get to the lilo part. it asks me where to install, but i'm not too sure what to do. i tried installing it to just /dev/hda but that didn't work. this is going to be the only operating system on it, so there aren't any windows conflicts. also, the default install path for lilo doesn't work.

i also tried to install the grub boot loader and it froze at 80% (using the default hda0 option).

here are my system specs:
dell dimension xps333
PII 333mHz
256 mb ram
nvidia riva 128
linksys pci network card
8 gb ibm hard drive

if you guys can help, that's great! if you can't though, i hope my info can help you make debian better for everyone.

With Thanks,
Sam Newman

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx