Bug#229648: cdebconf: "seen" handling broken
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#229648: cdebconf: "seen" handling broken
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Denis Barbier)
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:39:31 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20040207213931.GA32495@zobe.linuxfr.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com (Denis Barbier), firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20040126210311.GB29439@zobe.linuxfr.org>
- References: <E1AkqaA-0001DTemail@example.com> <20040126001117.GB17168@zobe.linuxfR.org> <20040126001353.GA9694@uio.no> <20040126061749.GA31094@zobe.linuxfr.org> <20040126131522.GA14561@uio.no> <20040126184654.GD7644@kitenet.net> <20040126184741.GA26335@uio.no> <20040126210311.GB29439@zobe.linuxfr.org>
On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:03:11PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> With the attached patch, udpkg should work as expected. AFAICT there is
> no nned to be smart and reset DEBCONF_SHOWOLD to its previous value.
> But I cannot test d-i on my box, this is why I am reluctant to apply
> such patches without intensive testing.
> Alternatively DEBCONF_SHOWOLD could be set in main-menu, it seems more
> logical, but requires a little more work.
I was finally able to test d-i on my box, and decided to patch main-menu.
So when a new version is uploaded, cdebconf-udeb can set debconf/showold
to false by default.