Re: Make bootable CD from downloaded iso

Steve Haavik wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, David MacQuigg wrote:

I would like a simple procedure to make a bootable CD out of this image
file, preferably one that will work from a bare-minimum Linux system ( or
even from Windows XP, if that is at all possible ).  Thanks for your help.

Suggestions for recording the image using linux are at
http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-unix although the example
commandline they give looks overly complicated. Instructions for doing it
under Windows are there also. Cdrecord should be on the Knoppix cd (at
least I seem to remember burning disks using it...)

On my Windows XP box all I have to do is double click on the ISO and
Easy-CD Creator starts. Under Linux I use cdrecord. The exact command line
I use for it is "cdrecord -v -eject dev=0,0,0 filename.iso". You can use
"cdrecord -scanbus" to findout what device number you should be using for
the dev= option.

I would add to this web page that Knoppix includes hardware autodetection before optional hard disk intallation

http://www.knoppix.net

I would include Knoppix in the official Debian CD ( like complementary).

Regards