D-I can't find my IDE-controller (was: Intall Failure - Partitioning fails)

Sven Luther wrote:

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:37:57AM -0500, Erik Dykema wrote:
Sure, it says this:

$> parted
Error: No Device Found
Retry / Cancel?

Check the device you actually have, and then parted /dev/<device>.

But then, maybe you don't have the correct driver for your hardware or
something.
This happens to me also, on my HP Nc4000. The IDE-controller does not appear in dmesg at all.
Normally, (taken from a "Debian on Nc4000"-HOWTO), look at this:

dmesg output: http://www.krattet.no/misc/dmesg
lscpi: http://www.krattet.no/misc/lspci
lspci -v: http://www.krattet.no/misc/lspciv
lspci -vv: http://www.krattet.no/misc/lspcivv
(All stolen from http://www.cyrius.com/)

It could be worth saying I used 2004-01-28 and 29 builds while trying. (All before that couldn't use the tg3-driver i need for my ethernet)

--
Thomas Kalve Pedersen <thomas@krattet.no>

                                         "So we agreed to disagree."
                                                   -- Gerry Rafferty