Question concerning kbd-chooser and CD boot process

I'm trying to understand the process by which a Debian install CD bootstraps itself.

So far, I've pulled apart the initrd on my debian-31-i386-binary-1.iso image and analyzed the shell scripts to see how it works, and I understand the shell script labeled '/sbin/init'; however, the last step of rc.S runs this mysterious 'kbd-chooser' program.  I have STFW high and low, unfortunately I cannot find any documentation or other information on this beast.  Where is the source code to this kbd-chooser program to be found?

--
Stevie-O

Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this communication in error, please do not distribute it and notify us immediately by telephone: 610-902-9000 and delete the original message.