Re: Install debian RS/6000 44P Model 170

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:28:45PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Leigh Brown wrote:
> > Sven Luther said:
> > > Well, does yaboot work on all chrps ? I have had info from Geert that he
> > > had trouble with yaboot on his longtrail.
> >
> > It should be possible, depends on the problem he encountered of course...
>
> My version of Open Firmware (from Firmworks) didn't like the yaboot loader and
> kept rebooting with the message `rebooting with the correct settings for this
> client program' (or something like that), until I disconnected the disk and it
> couldn't find the boot loader anymore.

I think the right idea would be to propose both yaboot and nobootloader
for -chrp and -chrp-rs6k. Or maybe propose yaboot only for -chrp-rs6k.
Are there other machines of the -chrp kind, which support yaboot ? The
only ones to my knowledge is the longtrail and the pegasos/pegasos2.

Friendly,

Sven Luther