Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] Re: Re: ntfs resize and gtk frontends

* Szakacsits Szabolcs <szaka@sienet.hu> [040123 12:49]:
> > This is one of my favourite stories!
>
> Talking about favourites, here is my "favourite" challange. Since earlier
> ntfsresize could resize only if there weren't data after the new size,
> many people made the compromise "ok, let's shrink here now and more later
> on when/if I need/can" and some ended up in this situation:
>
>   hda1 primary NTFS
>   hda2 primary linux
>   hda3 primary linux
>   hda4 extended
>   hda5 logical linux
>
> Where could they put the space gained at the end of hda1 _without_
> changing and renumbering hda2, hda3, hda5? AFAIS nowhere. What would be
> the least pain for them? Merging the free space with hda2 but that's not
> supported (it could also break Linux boot, e.g. LILO used and hda2 has the
> kernel).

I think the main problem is no primary partition is left. If hda4 would
be free, one could try if modern programm still support having hda4
physically between hda1 and hda2...

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)