Re: ntfs resize and gtk frontends

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:02:14PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > But is not in any way related to the libntfs library ?

> > Package: ntfstools
> > Source: linux-ntfs
> > Version: 1.8.0-2
> > Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libntfs5 (>= 1.8.0)

> > I haven't looked at the source to know which pieces are exposed through
> > the library or not.

> I say this, because on the parted mailing list, less than a week ago, it
> was claimed that libntfs didn't support resizing.

That's entirely possible, but there is code in the same source
distribution to support it, regardless of whether it's currently part of
the library.

> Still, i wonder what the use of many outside library would mean to
> libparted and its use in debian-installer, where size matters.

Depending on the robustness of the ntfsresize commandline interface,
perhaps this can be included as a lower-priority udeb that libparted
(partman?) can interface with iff it's available?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer