OldWorld status.

Hello,

Just to keep you informed, I managed to build powerpc floppy images
booting on OldWorld. Here is a summary :

    - I get floppy images building. The initrd+kernel don't fit on the
      bootfloppy image, so I use the floppy image as a raw initrd.gz
      directly for the kernel. As a consequence, you can't load the
      initrd from another medium, but we need two floppies anyway, so it
      wouldn't be of great help.
    - The cd/net_drivers images are built, too, with net retrieving
      things on the net_drivers floppy instead of the main one, for
      space reasons.
    - A quik-installer component isn't needed, as the quik package does
      the required magic when installed. OTOH, we'll need an
      OpenFirmware configuration udeb.
    - The kernel version is still different from the one used for
      packages names, which fools anna, which won't install the kernel
      modules. The modules get loaded from the floppies, however, thanks
      to the udeb_include thing (i guess).
    - miBoot's freeness is unclear to me ATM. I guess providing a boot
      floppy in the contrib/non-free section would be much work for a
      few OldWorld users that would probably be able to create it
      themselves if we provide them with detailed instructions, so it's
      the way I'll take if no miracle happens.

Apart from the miBoot thing, I should be able to get a fully working
thing by the middle of the week. I'll send patches when everything will
be working well here. If someone wants the build patch or images to test
right now, just ask.

Thanks to Sven Luther and Joey Hess for getting a bootable -small kernel
in the archive, by the way.

--
Jeremie Koenig <sprite@sprite.fr.eu.org>