PA-RISC/HPPA netboot lifimage generation

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 07:23:39PM +0100, Thorsten Sauter wrote:
> * Richard Hirst <rhirst@linuxcare.com> [2004-01-10 17:51]:
> | The SEGV is in "frontend", looks like a null pointer deref.  I switched
> | to text frontend, fixed d-i to actually make a lifimage for netboot (I
> | guess you created yours manually?), and tried again.  I havn't submitted
> | my change yet.
>
> I have created a new target in boot/arch/linux-hppa caled netboot.lif.
> But I haven't commited it yet. I'm not sure, that this is the right
> place.

I created a 2 line file, build/config/type/netboot-hppa containing

# FLOPPY_SIZE value is not relevant, but it needs to exist so that palo gets run
FLOPPY_SIZE=1440

After that, "make TYPE=netboot" produces a lifimage, from the existing
$(IMAGE) target in make/arch/linux-hppa.  Output is dest/netboot-image.img

Thorsten, shall I submit this, or will it interfere with what you are
doing?

Thanks,
  Richard