Re: FAILED : Install Report : d-i_powerpc-20040109

Fabrice Lorrain (home) wrote:
> Now using the businesscard image from :
> http://people.debian.org/~manty/testing/netinst/powerpc/20040109/sarge-powerpc-businesscard.iso
>
> This image doesn't set the /etc/resolv.conf. Old stories ...

Please try the one from here instead:

http://people.debian.org/~manty/testing/sid_d-i/netinst/powerpc/20040109/sarge-powerpc-businesscard.iso

The udebs for powerpc currently in sarge include a quite old netcfg,
but the CD built with the udebs from unstable should fix that.

> I was able to go further in base install, but get hit by "sleep not found".
> echo "exit 0" > /bin/sleep let me proceed but the base install still broke.
> /target/var/log/debootstrap.log shows a dependcy pb starting with
> libopencdk8 -> libgnutls7 -> exim* -> mailx -> at
>
> libopencdk8 is not retrieved. Installing it manualy seems OK.

Again, this will be fixed in the iso at the url listed above.

> In base install, during the "retrieving packages" stage I got a lot of
> "retrieving %s" "validating foo" for foo in {man-db, man-pages,
> mawk,modconf,modutils, net-tools, net-base, nvi, powerpc-util, pppoe,
> psmisc, syslogd, tar,tcpd, wget, whiptail,yaboot}. I might have miss some.

Known problem.

--
see shy jo