unable to start x

            Hello.

I am a new user of debian gnu/linux, and i have chosen this system because i’ve been told this is the most efficient above all.

But unfortunately, whereas I can afford every single specifications about my system, there is no way to get the x window to run.

I have bought my debian 3.0 so I thought there will be easy but…

If you could get me some help I will enjoy it.

Thank you

p.s. moreover after the install part there is something I can’t understand. I install it on a single drive cut in two. Windows part above 25000k and linux 15000k,

and when I boot my computer I’ve go hda1 windows, hda2 unknown and hda3 linux.

Maybe I’ve lost some subtleties of installing it (I am not an expert in linux but I have already used red hat and mandrake)