Re: deb install report

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-i386/20040102/images/hd-media-image.img.gz
> > sarge-i386-netinst-iso from a mirror of the
> November 11th version
>
> That's very old, and it would be better to use the
> daily builds. In
> particular, the current images have documented,
> working ways to turn off
> the frame buffer.

It may be old, but I think that even the recent builds
seem to have a bug that affected Bárány. The installer
seems to filter out some of the parameters that are
passed at the boot prompt, even though they are
standard-issue, documented kernel parameters. In
Bárány's case, the ignored parameter was vga=normal.
In my case, it was ide=nodma. IMHO, filtering
parameters like this is a good path to frustration.