Re: XFS support in d-i

Development on XFS-enabled d-i images continues apace.

First, there was a fatal error in the kernel-image packages created
initially.  Compiling ext2 support as a module works fine for normal
booting, but d-i (with its ext2 initrd images) minds slightly.  A fixed
package is on its way to incoming; you can also grab it from
<http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/xfs/>.

Second, the packages there (source and binary) should now be
apt-gettable:

  deb http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/xfs/ sarge local
  deb-src http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/d-i/xfs/ sarge local

Right now, the only udeb there is the xfsprogs-udeb package, but very
shortly, the linux-kernel-di xfs udebs will also be uploaded, and will
also be apt-gettable for debian-installer's purposes.

I'll be re-generating/re-uploading the d-i images, and netinst images
will also be following shortly once they've been verified to at least
boot correctly (unlike my last attempt ;).

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer