building d-i for sparc

After not doing anything on it for six weeks, I'm again trying to get
debian-installer working on sparc.

First iritation was needing to rebuild python2.3, as it's a dependancy
of a build-dendancy.  (Apparently the sparc autobuilder is still
down.)  That took 14 hours to compile.  I also had to compile netfcg,
since the udebs are missing from the archives.

Good news: make image TYPE=cdrom now works.
Bad news: make image TYPE=netboot doesn't.  Bug filed.

Unfortunatly, I can't seem to find anything resembling an iso image to
burn to see how far it would get.  (The silo-installer udeb is still
needed to make it usable.)

Am I just overlooking something, or is this a symtom of d-i still
being broken on sparc?