Re: Language choser is also keyboard choser ??

>In the last release of debian installer the language choser is also the
>keyborad layout choser. I don't know how the association language -
>keybord is done but i don't like this way to configure things.
>
>I'm italian and is very common that i use english keyborads but i like
>italian language interface, in north italy is common also to use deutch
>keybords with italian languge or the opposite.
>
>Why not present two menu, one for language and one for keyboard ?
>
>I dont' like also the way to select language, is not clear. I like more
>a solution like:
>
>  Please chose your languge:
>
>     DE - (I don't know german)
>     EN - Select that entry to procede in English
>     ES - (I don't know espagnol also)
>     IT - Seleziona questa voce del menu per procedere in italiano
>
>Whe can order coutry codes alfabetically so, i think, found the right
>one is more easy.
>
>Then we can present the chose of the keyboard layout with the default on
>the default association.

There is a keyboard chooser question; it is not shown by default in the beta-1
release, it is now shown by default in the daily (and future) releases. To see
the keyboard question, start
with DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium on the initial prompt .

The default choice of keyboard is taken from the languagechooser.

Regards,
Alastair McKinstry