cdrom144-1440.img doesn't work on my computer

Hello everybody,

I would like to thank you for your great work first.
Next, I would like to tell you that there is a bug somewhere in the
kernel of the debian installer and I think it's critical. Here is the
problem :

when I boot on my floppy disk with the cdrom144-1440.img (08 june 2003)
from www.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/daily/, my first computer (a PIII
600) starts without any pb and I see the first menu (so the floppy has
no problem). But on my second computer (an Athlon 1Ghz), the kernel boot stops with these last messages :

Linux IP multicast router 0.06 plus PIM-SM
cramfs: wrong magic
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00

I had the same pb with the progeny distribution (so I told then but without any solution) and some people contact me because of the same problem.

I hope that someone will have an idea or an answer.

Jérôme Roussel