Re: Suggestions needed for gtk frontend for cdebconf

* Bastian Blank wrote:

> > Against libdirectfb:
> > - vt switching not supported. This is only for the moment, I just
> >   recieved word, that it is supported in the cvs version
>
> i ask for support a long time ago but had no time to write a patch.

It must be a brand-new feature, available already on cvs:

> > - does not (yet?) support vga16fb
>
> why should it not support vga16fb? it uses plain fb devices and look on
> the accelerator id for additional things.

I tried it out but it did not work. I asked on the directfb
mailinglist for support, find the relevant thread here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/directfb-users@directfb.org/msg00885.html

> > Against X:
> > - larger than libdirectfb (is this true?)
>
> /usr/lib/libdirectfb-0.9.so.18.0.0: 228kb
> /usr/lib/directfb-0.9.18/inputdrivers/libdirectfb_keyboard.so: 10kb
> /usr/lib/directfb-0.9.18/inputdrivers/libdirectfb_ps2mouse.so: 10kb
> /usr/lib/directfb-0.9.18/inputdrivers/libdirectfb_serialmouse.so: 9kb
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86: 1500kb

The tiny X Server should be substantially smaller. Unfortunatly I do
not have any numbers presently:

http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/kdrive.html

Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6