Re: 2003-06-12 installation failure report

On 12 Jun 2003 12:52:47 +0200
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> [Gaudenz Steinlin]
> > 1. mkfs.ext2 and mkfs.ext3 are files of size 0 instead of links
> >    to mke2fs. Deleting these files and creating links made partconf
> >    work
>
> Bug #196508.  Probably a bug in busybox tar.

I just checked in changes to busybox tar to convert hard links to
symlinks.

Not the same thing, but maybe good enough.

I wasnt sure about waldi's patch as it adds non standard modes, but
maybe in the long term something like that will be needed.

Glenn