Re: d-i boot image too large

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:06:37PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Martin Orr]
> > I attempted to build a debian-installer net installation floppy image by
> > grabbing the source from CVS and running:
>
> Yes, we know.  The 'cdrom' and 'cdrom144' images fit, but the 'net'
> images are to big.  If you have ideas how to get it to fit, please let
> us know.  One idea is to use UPX, but the beta version of UPX might
> have some licensing problems, so it isn't sure it is a good idea.  Do
> you have others?
>
> But thanks for bringing it up again.  We need to be reminded that this
> is important to fix. :)

I could probably help shaving some 20-50 kilobytes off of the
kernel-image (hopefully), but that would result in an install-kernel
that wouldn't be 100% suitable for a normal system, something which
probably isn't the ideal situation...

/David Weinehall
--
 /> David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander      <\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //