Re: lilo with debconf

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 01:18:02PM -0500, Andrés Roldán wrote:
> you can add the following sources to your sources.list
> deb http://people.fluidsignal.com/~aroldan/debian unstable main
> deb-src http://people.fluidsignal.com/~aroldan/debian unstable main

apt-get does not work, but i installed it manually:

The first note (lilo/install-note):
"Changing the default LILO boot menu bitmap"
is it realy needed to present this message, wouldnt it be easier to try to
parse the config file, if everything is fine?

Ummm.. on my version of lilo debconf is asking me if reconfiguration is
needed, and if yes, it will start liloconf. This is for sure safe, but I
doubt that this is what was understood by "configuring lilo with debconf".

liloconf does not work if stated from debconf on my system, the first prompt
hangs, no enter or ^d helps, only ^c.

I also think you should only skip the liloconf step, but not the link step
in postinst.

BTW: the lba32 option by liloconf is inserted into the file without a
boilerplate comment and before the "# generated by" line.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --