Problems adding syncmail to the debian-boot CVS repository

Hi.

I want to change the CVS log messages in debian-boot to include the
output from 'diff -u' in the commit message.  I tried to add it to
CVSROOT/, but the emails do not get out.

I added syncmail from
<URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvs-syncmail>, and updated
loginfo and checkoutlist.  It is currently used for changes to
debian-installer/doc/html/.  The script is executed when I commit, and
it claims to be sending emails, but nothing is sent out.  Any ideas
what can be wrong?