Debian - Woody

I tried to install Debian Woody, but without success and with following message in the "Installation Main Menu":
--- No hard disk drives were detected ----

I am using an ASUS A7V mainboard and my two hard disk drives (Maxtor 3 4098H4) are connected to the Promise Ultra 100 IDE controller of the mainbord.
Is there any newer debian distribution available or special net install CDs which detect my hard disk drives, or can I type a special parameter during installation?

p.s. The Knoppix 3.1 and Suse 8.0 distribution detected my hard disk drives.

Thanks in advance and

Best regards

Karl-Heinz Meyer