Re: Discover 1.5-2 pre-release available

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:46:48AM +0100, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> tis 2003-03-25 klockan 20.46 skrev Branden Robinson:
> > > I notice that your discover-data package on
> > > hackers.progeny.com/~branden/discover2 also contain the *.lst files, is
> > > that for backwards compatability and are actually not used?
> >
> > Yes, the .lst files are there for backwards compatibility so that
> > discover 2.x packages don't have to Conflict with discover-data (<< 2).
> >
> > The backwards-compatibility can be dumped once no one needs
> > discover-data anymore.
>
> OK, but they are not actually used by the discover program?

If what you mean is, "is the Disocver 1.x data used by Discover 2.x?",
then the answer is no.

> I don't think there are any udebs that use the discover data instead
> of calling the discover program, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Okay.

> > Let us know what you need in the Discover department, and we'll try to
> > accomodate you.  Also, be sure to tell us when you don't need Discover
> > 1.x anymore -- it will then be safe to push Discover 2.x to Debian
> > unstable.
>
> Agreed. I think ethdetect is the most critical thing to get working, and
> I'll try to have a look at it.

Cool.  As I said before, just let us know what you need.

--
Branden Robinson          | GPG signed/encrypted mail welcome
branden@progeny.com       | 1024D/9C0BCBFB