Re: [pcmcia-problem] kernel-image-2.4.20-bf2.4 -5

#include <hallo.h>
* Brian Mays [Tue, Mar 18 2003, 04:04:25PM]:

> The 2.4.20 kernel source (in the kernel-source package) has version
> 0.11b (I think that 2.4.18 also has this version), which is why this
> problem doesn't appear more frequently.  What patches did you apply to
> this kernel?  Where did the newer driver come from?

Nothing relevant. It is pure 2.4.20 build from Herbert's kernle-source
package. But we use Woody's version of pcmcia-source because it is for
stable, and because the Sid version refuses to build anything if pcmcia
in kernel has been enabled.

> One way to fix this would be to use insmod to explicitly load the
> correct drivers, or to delete the orinoco and hermes drivers under the
> kernel subdirectory and run depmod.  The real problem is that there
> should not be two modules with the same name.

I think I will workaround by removing the kernel versions from the
drivers tarball on boot-floppies. Any objections?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Wußten Sie schon...
... daß die Zahl der jugendlichen Aussteiger bei uns sehr hoch ist,