Re: Kernel panic: No init found

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, kuppermanfred wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm installing debian the third time now on my laptop from cd: cause of
> bad video-card i had to restart four times.
> cd boot prompt: bf24 vga=791 apm=on
> ended in a fading colormonitor and system hangs up: tried rescue
> cd boot prompt: rescbf24 vga=791 apm=on
> it starts penguin is drawn in all colors
> screen is prompted with messages and ends in
> Kernel panic: No init found

That message is a result of some other error, typically because it was
unable to mount the root filesystem. This in turn could arise because
the kernel can't find your CD drive - note that the kernel itself is
read in using BIOS calls.

We need more of the preceding messages.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.