Re: Building d-i

On 17 Mar 2003, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> *
>
> | I want to build the version of d-i I just checked out of CVS and test
> | it. I don't see that what you suggest advances that.
>
> build libdebian-installer, install libdebian-installer, build the rest
> of d-i.

My sequence of commands is now this:
#!/bin/bash -xe
cd /tmp
rm -rf debian-installer
ls -oh debian-installer.tar.bz2
tar xjf debian-installer.tar.bz2
cd debian-installer/libdebian-installer
make all install
cd ../build/
cp -p sources.list sources.list.local
fakeroot make build

The 'make install' for libdebian-installer has put the libraries in
place, but of course the next phase is trying to install stuff that
wants the libdebian-installer package in place.

I don't see anything in build/README that tells me how to make the
package, nor in the Makefile for libdebian-installer.

What's missing now?

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.