dependency on framebuffer

Hi,

I'm working on a gtk-frontend module, to autoload the new GUI.
Basically its just a bunch of depends on the required modules, and some
shell code to restart cdebconf. However it needs to depend on the
framebuffer.
(1) Can we rely on framebuffer support in the kernels?
(2) How do we get the framebuffer modules automatically? something like
	Depends: fb-modules-2.4.20-386-udeb
is arch-dependent and fragile. Can we ensure that either:
(a) framebuffer support is always built as modules, or
(b) either the kernel or fb-modules udeb Provides: framebuffer

And that framebuffer module udebs are always of the form:
	fb-modules-`uname -r`-udeb

- Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org>
GPG Key fingerprint = 9E64 E714 8E08 81F9 F3DC  1020 FA8E 3790 9051 38F4

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself.

- --Thomas Paine