Re: DHCP Network Configuration

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:

> DHCP Network Configuration
>
> Enter the system's hostname.
> The hostname is a single word that identifies your system to the
> network.  If
> you don't know what your hostname should be, consult your network
> administrator.  If you are setting up your own home network, you can
> make
> something up here.
> [default = debian]>
>
> My DHCP server is configured to offer this machine the hostname
> Nabarlek. My own installer gets the name from the kernel commandline:
> ip=192.168.0.130:192.168.0.1:192.168.0.1:255.255.255.0:Nabarlek
>
> It should not be defaulting to debian.

This too is wrong:
[default = debian]> Nabarlek
DHCP Network Configuration

Is this information correct?
interface      = eth0
 hostname       = Nabarlek
 domain         = <none>
 dhcp hostname  = <none>
 nameservers    = <none>
Prompt: yes/no, default=yes>

The DHCP server provides all that information, if asked.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.