Build failure

Hi...

Just trying to build debian-installer.

The build dies for me due to depmod dying with a:
depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

The reason for this is because I am attempting to build d-i on a machine
with a 2.5 kernel installed (and hence depmod cannot meaningfully
communicate with the kernel on the host machine due to the module
interface being rustified between 2.4 and 2.5). Of course, depmod
shouldn't be using /proc/ksyms from the running kernel, rather from the
kernel that is being installed in the package.

Hence I think the System.map file from the kernel image debs should be
included in the udebs as well (and deleted from the final image as part
of the debian-installer build process). System.map files can be passed as
an argument to depmod so it does not query the host kernel.

Does anyone disagree before I file bugs against various kernel udebs?

=)
Peter